Monday 12 July 2010

Kenton Slash Demon

In my last proper blog entry, I mentioned that I'd "become a bit bored and disillusioned by [guitar music's] constant inability to surprise, looking instead to hip-hop and more ambient fare for innovation". That was almost a year ago now and is largely irrelevant with regard to my current outlook on music, but it segues nicely into what I'm about to write, so bear with me.


Kenton Slash Demon are Danish production duo Silas Moldenhawer and Jonas Kenton. They first caught my attention with their name, partly because it's just a cool name, but mainly because I am from a part of London called Kenton and a massive narcissist. To be honest, I don't really know much about the sort of music they make (other than that it's awesome, obvs), so I'm just going to quote Dazed & Confused: "[Kenton Slash Demon] inadvertently lead the ethnic/tribal influenced tech-house movement with their Khattabi EP, and have already moved on to a more raw, organic take with their new single 'Sun'". I'll take their word for it. All I can say with certainty is that listening to the aforementioned EP makes me want to go out and start my own painfully hip club night.

MySpace: www.myspace.com/kentonslashdemon

No comments:

Post a Comment